Protecting members from punitive regulations and legislation by all levels of government. BAC’s leadership on issues ranging from the environment to labelling annually save members $ Millions.
BAC’s leadership on issues ranging from the environment to labelling annually save members $ Millions. Over the past year BAC has or is addressing the following issues to protecting bakery products and ensuring baker concerns are represented:
- Voluntary Sodium Reduction in Baked Goods
- CFIA Proposed Changes to Highlighted Ingredient and Flavors Policy
- Proposed Introduction of Biotech Wheat
- Changes to Health Canada Regulatory Approval Process
- Gluten Free Certification
- Childhood Obesity and Potential Restriction on Sale of Baked Goods
- Public Health Agency Consultation on Curbing Childhood Obesity
- National standardized school food and beverage nutrition criteria
- Health Canada’s Monitoring Program of Acrylamide in Bakery Products
- CFIA Regulatory Modernization
- Allergen Labelling & Use of Precautionary Statements
- Expansion of the ON Apprenticeship Tax Credit to Bakers
- Mycotoxin Guidelines for Wheat/Flour
- Alberta: Occupational Exposure Rates to Flour
Delivered through volunteer committees in Alberta, Atlantic Canada, British Columbia, Ontario and through the Conseil de la Boulangerie du Québec, these education and networking programs are tailored to meet the diverse needs of members. BAC’s Chapters also provide $thousands in annual support to local baking schools.
Email newsletter sent twice a month only to members that provides the latest updates on baking industry, BAC activities, programs and information and more.
- Sample bi-weekly E-Newsletter
- To advertise in the E-Newsletters and Website please contact Abhi Dadarkar at 416-512-8186 Ext. 268
- BAC members get 10% discount
FREE copy of Bakers Journal Magazine
Informative trade magazine for the baking industry, one copy is delivered free of charge to each member company. Certain conditions apply.
FREE copy of Food in Canada Magazine
Informative trade magazine for the Food industry, one copy is delivered free of charge to each member company. Certain conditions apply.
“The Bulletin” Newsletter
The information source for what is happening in BAC and industry, printed copy is inserted in Bakers Journal Magazine every issue.
FREE BAC Window/Door Decal
Bakers proudly display your support of Canada’s baking industry by highlighting your membership in BAC with these free window/door decals.
FREE Use of Member Logo
Demonstrate your support of the baking industry or gain credibility with consumers by proudly displaying the BAC logo on your products, promotions, web site, business cards, etc.
Bakery Showcase Trade Show & Conferences
The places to see, taste & touch innovative products/services or cost saving opportunities. Members receive special discounts on exhibit space!
BAC Web Site www.baking.ca
Find out what is happening in BAC and the industry.
FREE Member Hotline – 1.888.674.2253 – Saving Members $$$
Got a problem? BAC’s member hotline is the quickest way to find help on everything from locating new ingredients or equipment, problems with regulations. Last year along this service save members more than $100,000!
FREE Job Board and Classified Ad Postings on BAC’s Web Site
Save $$ in costs in searching for staff or trying to selling equipment.