Position: Operations Manager, Full time
Qualifications: Small business or retail managerial experience, preferably in the food sector.
Location: Prince Rupert BC
Start date: Immediately
Background: This is a newly established craft bread bakery & market project, initiated and managed by the Gitxaała Nation and located in the characteristic Cow Bay waterfront district of Prince Rupert BC. The purpose of the project is twofold: to diversify the skilled, worthwhile employment opportunities in Prince Rupert; and to increase the availability of better, healthier food options locally while enhancing regional food security. The product focus is on craft breads, pies, and in-house icecream, with a selection of local and complementary retailed products in the marketplace section. The operation will be retail initially with wholesale opportunities, but not a cafe or eat-in establishment.
Start up Phase:
• With guidance from the consultants, oversee the contractors to retrofit the space according the plan, vision, and budget.
• Procure display fixtures and furnishings required for operations, as well as additional equipment and smallwares needed.
• Work with the consultants to develop logo and imaging for the business.
• Procure and setup a POS system, and other operational and licensing requirements.
• Work with the baker and bakery consultant to develop and cost the initial baked goods product line.
• Receive training on the icecream equipment and develop the initial icecream product line.
• With guidance from the consultants, further develop the marketplace concept.
• Devise initial operational hours and staffing needs, in line with projected operational budget.
• Recruit and train staff, assuring a high level of attention to detail and customer service.
• Oversee and report all expenditures as directed by the accountant and Gitxaała Enterprises.
• Smoothly and successfully launch business operation.
• Oversee the day to day operation with initial limited product line, ensuring highest quality.
• Develop accounting and reporting procedures with the accountant and Gitxaała Enterprises.
• Undertake initial promotions and advertising for the business as needed.
• Methodically expand and develop product line as capacity allows, with utmost attention to quality.
• Develop and expand on the market place concept, bringing in more suitable retailed products.
• Oversee the maintenance and cleanliness of the facility and equipment at all times.
Apply: by email with résumé, qualifications and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank-you for your interest in this unique opportunity, please email if you would like further information.