Contact: Jennifer Luo
Title: TECHNICAL ADVISOR
A family business with more than 2,900 employees worldwide, uniting tradition and progress and along with a great deal of dedication, commitment and competence, inspiring customers around the globe with first-class baking ingredients and malts – that is IREKS!
∙ Support sales team initiatives with baking knowledge and technical insight
∙ Work collaboratively with all functions to promote the IREKS brand of products
∙ Develop and maintain customer relationship at both industrial and artisan baker level
∙ Create concepts and recipes to support product execution at customer level
∙ Train, support and develop sales team and customers to better understand product portfolio
∙ Full understanding of all aspects of the bakery profession including problem solving across all channels
∙ 5 to 10 years of Technical sales experience in baking
∙ Degree as a master baker
∙ Strong analytical skill
∙ Competent in Microsoft Office
∙ Strong communication skills – customer oriented – strong net worker
∙ Team player, self-motivated and a positive attitude
∙ Have a valid driver’s license
∙ Willing to do travel approximately 40%
Contact: Mary Sargent
Title: Corporate Pastry Chef/Baker
CORPORATE PASTRY CHEF AND BAKER
SASKATOON MEADOWS MARKET
Our client is an exciting new best-of-class neighborhood grocery store. It is an exciting new concept that will include a diverse in-store bakery consisting of pastry arts and specialty breads as well as an in-store restaurant featuring quality meals and creative desserts.
With the rapid development of their business, they are looking for an experienced and creative Corporate Pastry Chef and Baker to join the team. The Corporate Pastry Chef and Baker will develop recipes, prepare pastry goods and breads that are unique and creative, ensuring superior quality and consistency. In this “hands-on” leadership role, you will also train other chefs and cooks who are working at their flagship store in the Meadows and at other new locations, including their soon to open, corporate central kitchen.
This is a rare opportunity for a visionary, creative, motivated individual well versed in the pastry and bread arts with a passion for delicious creations and a strong entrepreneurial mind set to delight and exceed customer expectation.
• Create, design, and improve recipes
• Develop new dessert, pastries, and bread recipes with a keen sense of art and design to drive business growth
• Research market trends to continually improve the creativity of the Pastry/Bake Shop
• Plan, prep, set up and prepare quality products in all areas of the Pastry/Bake Shop
• Prepare and direct the production of all baked goods for required volume
• Order all raw materials and kitchen supplies needed to maintain production of required volume
• Seek continual improvement to products to affect cost efficiencies without reduction in quality.
• Adhere to standards and policies for cold chain compliance, thermometer calibrations, temperature recording, food handling, product rotation, sell-by dates, and expiration dates, including identifying and removing bakery merchandise that is distressed or unacceptable in appearance
• Maintain the pastry/bake shop and its equipment in a clean, sanitary, and fully operational condition
• Create recipes for custom requested items and keep menu items on current trends
• Greet customers, answer questions, make recommendations, accept orders and payments, and provide exceptional customer service
• Demonstrate strong leadership as an ambassador in assisting customers in finding merchandise in all areas of the store
• Accurately and efficiently prepare Bakery merchandise to bake, package, finish, and stock the department
• Maintain the overall appearance of the Bakery area, by keeping merchandise and display full while also being aware of the entire store’s overall quality of appearance, fullness, and cleanliness
• Demonstrate and train new baking techniques, recipes and new equipment to other chefs and cooks who are working at our flagship store and other locations
• Lead our pastry chefs and cooks to execute consistently according to the recipes and standards in terms of taste and appearance
• Be a hands-on Pastry Mentor and Team member supporting the Culinary Team as a whole
• Ensure pastry goods quality, inventory level and wastage are adhered to our standards
• Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control
• Implement established safety policies and ensure they are followed
• Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of in the pastry/bake shop through effective management and leadership to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/CRITICAL SKILLS/ABILITIES:
• High school graduation
• Degree or Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant field is required
• At least 5 years of overall culinary experience with a minimum of 3 years as a pastry chef/baker in a commercial environment, specializing in pastry design and creation
• Minimum 2 years of pastry/bread production supervisory experience in a commercial environment
• Confident creative pastry techniques and skills
• Great communication and delegation skills
• Track record of leading and developing teams through clearly articulating expectations and holding team accountable
• Strong resource management capabilities
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Possess an eye for detail and can execute standards accordingly
• Solid understanding of financial analysis (profit/loss, cash flow, pricing, labor, expenses) to drive revenue and make decisions affecting the finances of the business
• A customer-centric focus that exceeds expectations
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently and cohesively and collectively as part of a team
• Basic computer skills
• Flexibility to work around customer demands, including early morning, night, weekend, and holiday availability
• Capable of working in extreme temperatures and for prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
• A minimum of Food Save Level One
Please respond with resume to Mary Sargent – email@example.com
Contact: Heather Goodman
Title: Baker/Pastry Chef wanted
Our growing bakery and café is looking for a full-time baker or pastry chef to help us in our Newmarket location. We are a friendly and current space in Newmarket’s historic downtown and are growing rapidly. The successful candidate will have baking and kitchen experience from industry and/or culinary training school. Food Handler’s certificate is required.
Contact: Sheena Howdle
Title: Pastry Baker
Do you believe in real food? If you have baking experience and want to help bring fresh, handmade food to the people of Banff, join the Wild Flour Bakery team as a Pastry/Baker. You’ll work with a small, friendly team in the heart of our community. And if you love life in Banff as much as we do, we’ll help you rise to your full potential. This role offers competitive wages and great benefits, including hotel and restaurant discounts, centrally located staff accommodation, an employee ski pass program and regular team events and activities.
What you’ll do:
Prepare and bake varieties of breads and pastries according to the Wild Flour recipes and standards and create new and innovating recipes.
Help to raise the standards within the department and bring new concepts forward.
Work as part of a team, maintaining open communication with colleagues.
What you’ll need:
Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Pastry Chef preferred.
Culinary Education Trade Papers, Red Seal or Equivalent preferred.
Passion for nourishing food and sustainable practices.
Motivated and creative team player.
How to apply:
If you think you are the right person for this job, we’d love to hear from you. You can view a detailed job description at https://www.wildflourbakery.ca/jobs . When you’re ready to apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants that apply, but only those deemed qualified by our hiring manager will be contacted.
The Wild Flour Bakery is part of Arctos & Bird, a local company with a vision: to build a better future through environmental sustainability and giving back to our community. When you work with us, you’re part of something bigger.